Wednesday, January 27, 2010

your lows will have their complement of highs

***A disclaimer: Everyone deserves love, well mostly everyone, regardless of size or poor wardrobe choices but when you put yourself out on the internet you are doing so with the knowledge that you will be judged and some people will just not like what they see.**

Actively Recruiting Boyfriends aka The Manhunt aka Shoot Me Now! can get pretty discouraging. It helps to laugh at the inevitable horrible options who present themselves. It also helps to laugh at the misfortune of others.

I had two friends join Plenty of Fish after I did (not that I'm claiming that I alone inspired them but I probably am that cool). They were kind enough to let me share the outcomes of their first contacts.

Friend One: So I set out to go fishing. And all I have to say is YUCK! So far I have received messages from a very large black man, a guy with pictures of his 10 tats (he says he has a story about everyone, I am sure he does, do I want to hear it NO), a guy whose picture looks like he scanned his drivers license (seriously), another one who said “hey pretty want to go to a movie” and is wearing a wife beater.

Friend Two: Three days on this site and the only personalized message I've received so far was from a little person.

Hope that helps, I know it helped me.


Thank you Vanessa for the recruiting boyfriends phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment