Friday, January 29, 2010

On a Serious Note

If you've read the majority of the posts on this site you'll notice they have a humorous tone. Sure, I get cynical. Sometimes I even talk about how doing this can get tough. I wouldn't be being honest if I didn't point that out. Overall, though, this whole thing is supposed to be for fun. It's not about finding my shiny super duper soul mate in three months. I've gone 26 years I can wait a few more. I like that people find my stories entertaining; it makes so I can continue to see this as a fun time instead of some kind of desperate quest for love.

Ultimately though it's about me. It's about what I am doing; not anyone else, their meddling or their unhelpful/hurtful opinions. I know this is being put on a public sphere so anyone can respond in any way and I can delete it (power feels fuzzy inside) but I won't because it's all part of the trip. I just hope that anyone reading remembers that it's supposed to be a fun trip; we'll make a stop soon; I brought pudding cups for those who behave.

2 comments:

  1. I like tapioca pudding. Should I mention that on a first date? Not many other people like it.

    Bravo, Kristen. I enjoy your blog for it's humor and honesty. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think tapioca is an excellent first date topic. Best when randomly blurted out of context. It's sexy.

    ReplyDelete