Friday, January 22, 2010

I should be better...

Today is the big Happy Hour Day! After work I will be heading to a swanky spot in Cherry Creek to drink and, who knows, maybe even flirt. My wing-lady, Alissa, is always good at that and she only flirts on my behalf since she already has a wonderful second-half.

I had to get myself looking good for happy hour before leaving for work because it would waste a lot of time to go home. It was just one of those mornings that would be best described in numbers.

20. The number of minutes I was later than usual to work
2. The number of times I changed my pants, shirt, bra and accessories.
2. The number of hair products I used
3. The number of pairs of shoes I tried on
5. The number of irreversible things I found wrong with my face while applying makeup.
All of it. The amount of makeup that will wear off my face before I even get there.

I'm not always like this, maybe a shirt change but goodness this morning was a little ridiculous, something I hope doesn't repeat.

I read an O Magazine the other day (Yes, I just admitted to that). It had an article about breaking the ice. It said it was best to use a third subject. Meaning, that starting a conversation by talking about yourself or asking about the other person is not ideal. This, he said, is true because discussing a third subject is non-invasive and non-threatening. The example the author gave was the story of him standing in line at the movies and someone making a comment about the crossword puzzle he was holding. This amazing crossword conversation eventually led to a hot date. That simple apparently.

I hope everyone tonight is holding a crossword puzzle. Or maybe I should take my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment