Monday, January 11, 2010

And So it Begins

After earlier talking about a dating site called Plenty of Fish and how everyone who has met anyone has used this free site the following (instant message) conversation occurred....
me:
3:24 PM I'm sure I have more pressing issues I could be thinking about
like The Situation or Ronnie?
Sara: hahah
Sara: hahah
3:25 PM Ronnie for sure
maybe not The Situation
me: def not
actually if I had to pick
Vinny
haha
sad life
Sara: well he really seems like the most normal
me: that's true
Sara: i loved how he walked in to work to tell his boss he couldn't work
me: what if I started dating a guy like Pauly D
Sara: because of pink eye
3:26 PM oh god
I'd slap you
me: no you'd pretend to like him
because I'd be so in love
hahah
and you'd have to inhale the fumes from his hair, forever
Sara: hahahahahaha
I'd try not to light a match near him
or he's burst into flames
3:28 PM me: good reason not to smoke
flammable boyfriend
me: and if you get the urge, just think of my poor boyfriend
Pauly D, catching on fire
I bet his hair would chemically melt
not even burn
3:31 PM Sara: "oh shit, I blew up kristen's boyfriend"
me: exactly
Sara: it would be tragic
me: after so much searching
kidding
3:32 PM I might still give it a try
Sara: lol
rachel felt like that at first too
me: I mean that's not much different than real life
online dating just makes the time line go faster
3:34 PM Sara: that's true
and at least you can email the guy a bit first
at least you don't have to show up on blind date with Pauly D
3:37 PM me: although it might make for funny stories
maybe I"ll join like 2 or 3 sites
and just go an a dating spree for like 3 months
and don't hang out with one guy too much until after the 3 months
(avoid a joe)
3:38 PM Sara: oh yeah
like...rachel had hilarious stories
at least you could get some free food
3:39 PM me: I could make a new blog
Kristen tries to find a date
haha
3:40 PM Sara: I think that would be awesome
3:41 PM me: hum...
it might make it more fun for me
if I could mock myself while doing it
3:43 PM Sara: well and it would make it more like a social experiment
3:44 PM me: which I'm sure has been done
but I'm not trying to get famous
3:45 PM Sara: exactly
it would just be interesting
for you and your friends
it might give you more of a mission
me: reason to follow through
Sara: and/or help you not take it as seriously if after every bad one you can say, "holy shit i need to write about that"
haha
3:46 PM me: exactly
this is a good idea
Sara: i think so
i would love to read that
3:47 PM me: my one true fan
Sara: haha
until the end, my dear
me: what should it be called?
Sara: hmmm
3:48 PM me: I'm drawing a blank
Kristen's Fishing Trip?
Sara: "No More Jaspers"
me: ohh that one is good

And so an experiment has begun.
Steps completed so far...
1) Made blog
2) Informed married friend, Alissa, that I would finally go speed dating
3) Wrote this post

Steps for the immediate future...
1) Join douchey fishes, errr Plenty of Fish
2) Join other yet to be determined dating site
3) Have hot dates

No comments:

Post a Comment