Monday, January 18, 2010

It's hard dating so many men...

It's also hard to not want to try out for the Bachelor. Damn you Chea and your reality television.

Oh you want to know about my date? Not the Bachelor? Ok then...

My much unanticipated and potentially painful Indian food date turned into a pretty pleasant evening at Dave and Buster's. Most importantly, hence why I'm mentioning it first, it turns out I'm pretty good at shuffleboard, inner grandma is happy!

He has some kind of D&B connection so we got table games for free. I won 2 out of 3 shuffleboard games and 0 of 2 billiard games. Dinner was also eaten and water was drunk.

He's friendly. Kind of geeky. Somewhat rotund. Well traveled. Tattooed. Mohawked but I think that's mostly a clever way of hiding a receding hair line. Very clever. Better at talking about himself than trying to find out more about me (I'm really beginning to think this is just how guys are or that I'm just hyper sensitive to it because of coughjoecough).

At 8 PM, even though I was having a fine time, I told him I could only play one more game. Reasoning being that my friend needed me to visit her because she is lonely because her fiance is out of town, a half-truth. I just didn't want to hit marathon date status. We split the bill. I'm glad about that because then I don't' feel like I owe him something. It's much easier than I thought to not leave room for an awkward goodbye and an attempted kissy face (no evidence to support he was attempting such a daring move). I said, "bye, I had a nice time," hugged and walked off to my car. I'm in charge, much like Charles.

Overall it was a nice evening. I didn't feel any kind of hot spark or a "I want to jump your bones" feeling. If he inquires I would probably see him again.

Level 5 Clinger status is hereby to be put under further review, phew.

Dating Rating:

2 comments:

  1. So how do you tell someone that there's no attraction? Seriously...

    I love reading this, by the way. You sound like you're on as close to the right path as I can tell. Keep it up, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's best to be honest but nice. Something like "it was good meeting you/talking to you but I just didn't really feel a spark." The spark is the attraction factor to some degree but it's much nicer than saying. I don't like yo' face. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete