Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dear Journal: Day 6 Conclusions

Is it sad to drink a vodka cranberry by yourself at 5 o'clock on a Saturday night?
Is it sad when your new best friend is your own blog?
Is a person a level 5 clinger if he's already inviting himself to be included in a reoccurring event between me and my neighbor?

I escaped the dating escapades today. I took a leisurely bike ride to City Park, sat on a bench and enjoyed the amazingly warm sunshine. It was lovely but I couldn't help but feel lonely. I was trying to figure out why this was. I hadn't been physically alone for very long, I was actively talking via text message to at least one person all day but still it was there. The only conclusion I could come up with is that while actively trying to date can be fun it's also kind of be a bummer. I think it's something about acknowledging that you are alone and it isn't where you want to be. If you don't acknowledge it then it's not quite as easy to notice how many things might be more fun as a duo.

Random observation: I can't believe the number of guys who enjoy camping. I mean I like it, sort of, but it seems like some kind of pandemic interest.

Random Update: Moved onto the short answers with two more strapping lads, including the guy I got excited about being cute. I chickened out and texted the potential clinger (Codename: Mr. Clean), I just didn't have it in me to force a phone conversation tonight. Also my cute hippie barista is back and bearded but I didn't get up the gusto to make a move even though it seems like the time is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment