Friday, February 19, 2010

There's Something About Chai

I had my coffee date last night with Mr. Doppelganger. ♥.5
He was very gracious when I was fifteen minutes late because of snow traffic. Texted, "No worries take your time and be safe," in response to my I'm running late warning. Very nice indeed. We talked for a long time. I think the coffee date last about two hours. He's an interesting person for sure. He's moved around a lot and seems to have many hobbies. I believe he's most dedicated to his hobby of karaoke singing (not kidding). He came off as very kind. He could hold a conversation and appeared to be interested in what I had to say. He likes the TV show Bewitched.

While I had a nice time talking with him and we got along quite well, I didn't get the feeling that this would relationship make. My reasons:

1. No post date butterflies. I felt pleasant which was nice but not full on icky girl giddy.
2. I like the idea of artistic types but something about them in reality doesn't quite match with my overly logical brain. (No, I haven't painted a random picture and then analyzed why I painted what I did and tried to equate it with what that says about me as a person. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
3. I think I want my potential boyfriend to be employed or at least searching for employment.
4. I had to squint to be attracted to him, not good for the wrinkles. He has a pretty large forehead and I spent many a moment squinting at him to see if I could make it shrink with perspective.
5. I didn't want to continue or date when he asked if I was hungry or wanted to go play board games for charity. I wanted to go to sleep and watch the end of the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment