Saturday, February 20, 2010

Date and Pre-party

I quite sure it's bad form to go on a first date slightly inebriated. Ooops. I blame Shaw and the way he feeds me drinks at happy hour. I think that perhaps it's really not that bad of an idea to have a slight buzz. I didn't get nervous or self conscious. I felt like I was downright charming. Enough about me and how I can't hold my liquor and on to the date!

Date Rate:

Mr. Captain called half and hour later than he said he would. (I didn't really care; another reason why it might not be so bad to pre-party). We decided to meet for a dinner type situation but restaurant uno had an hour long wait so we ended up at the Uptown Tavern. We got lucky and found two empty spots at the bar right away. Bar sitting is better than table sitting because you don't have to always stare at the person; because the ridiculous sport of curling that's on the television can be a topic of conversation; the people around you can either be talked about or with; in theory you get served faster (not entirely true for this place).

He was, I think, good looking. Looked more like his most flattering pictures than the other way around. He is fun to talk to, employed and a teleskiier. Kevin would like him because he drinks scotch. He didn't seem to care too much about my slight intoxication. He paid for our hummus plate and my drink. Trading music really did mean trading music but apparently my computer is ghetto and his hard drive couldn't plug in (hehehe) so we didn't trade this time. Anyway, it was a good date. If he calls again perhaps I'll even try the next one sober... oops.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds nice. I like that you seem to have a more positive view of this dating option stuff now. Keep up the good work, I'm sure being a little tipsy and a bit more positive comes through in your smile. It's a good one. luvuaj

    ReplyDelete