Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saturday Night Out

Last night I finally made it to the much rumored North and while their cocktails were good the manhunt scene was not. All girls at the bar, save a couple of fellas who seemed like a couple. We didn't have much time to waste so we finished our drinks and went to old reliable Govnr's Park.

Things were looking up because as soon as we ordered our drinks there was a pair of guys who were giving us an extreme stare down. They didn't talk to us as we walked by, then they just stared at us for about 15 minutes. I even gave them that come over and talk to me eyeball that I learned from the movies. After more staring and no talking I started to wonder if I had something on my face or perhaps a Gremlin hanging off my back. Finally, the less cute of the two came over and delivered one of the most poorly thought out pick up lines that I've ever been on the receiving end of. Something about whether his friend should tilt his hat to the side while his hat wearing friend sent us all the stink eye. We decided his hat was good as it was, figuring this would lure the cuter one over; instead they both just left. Strange, indeed.

We moved our party of two and two-for-ones to the pool room. I played wingwoman as my partner in single crime had her eye on one of the three guys at the table next to us. It turned out that the guy of her desires was slightly involved, although I think he was still flirting with her. I got tricked into giving my number to the guy I was wingwomaning. Not only did he imply multiple times that he wanted it, each time I blatantly said no, but he went as far to hand me my phone with the pretense of Tetris and then insisted I put my number in his phone. The combination of me being a horrible liar and vodka sours always means I give my number out to guys whom I don't really want to call me. It's still nice to be asked, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment