Friday, February 12, 2010

Mail's Here!

I'm extremely behind on my plenty of fish emails. I intended to do them last night but as fate would have it the day I finally decide to trust the wireless in my building by returning my personal router to COMCAST (grrr) the internet goes out. Better slightly later than never. This may be a long one...

1) I almost never reply to one liner emails that say, "You seem pretty cool and are very cute, want to chat sometime?" but something about his profile made him seem normal so I'll give it a shot.

2) I often complain to whoever will listen that the adjectives beautiful and pretty have become severely underused by the men in exchange for hot. I'm not complaining about being called hot because, well, I can be quite hot. It would just be nice to get that more classy feminine compliment of beautiful. However, that desire does not become satisfied by emails that start with, "Hey beautiful." Perhaps I'm being picky but it just doesn't feel sincere.

3) This one is actually a response from someone who seems very interesting. Traveler and such. Borders on pretentious in his profile but seems fine in email, so far. I'll write my response to his question, "What do you consider home?" Of course, now I feel like I need to come up with some clever philosophical question in response. Bllllaaaankkkk

****Unrelated note, I was having a conversation with Tom about online dating the other day, shout out Tom! He told me that a significant percentage of men on dating sites, especially free ones, are married. I tend to believe Tom when he gives out figures because I know he does a lot of research into all types of things. I feel like now I need to watch for married hints as well as creeper hints.****

4) Well that's funny... "I'm willing to bet you’ve gotten about 650 emails so far from dirty old married men who want to be your sugar daddy." I would have replied if you didn't have this on your profile: "The point when I realized that the female orgasm never ceases to entertain" It may be true but you needn't bring it up right off the bat.

5) 162 words (put in Word just to see) all about how awesome you are. Neat.

6) meh

7) Picture looks familiar.... in a bad way.

8) Profile not bad but just not hot for ya.

9) I call B.S. further investigation: a$$

10) See Guy on Right add a soul patch.

11) Not bad but when you don't include a question. How do I respond? Wing it guess. I'll respond you might be cute.

Rumor has it meeting someone nice is all about the numbers. The more frequently you respond the more likely it is you'll meet someone who won't kill you. Unless you're already dead. Then you're an outlier and we don't count you. I'm going to start a dating website for zombies. Oh no I'm not because it already exists, of course it does. I should have known zombies are all about the love. Click that link, it's pretty funny.

12) Oh my favorite email thus far. Attached a half naked (clipped from a magazine?) photo. Profile says he lives in Mexico DF (Mexico City). I bet he also likes everything I like and makes 1 million dollars every week! How did I get so lucky to meet the perfect guy? Wow.

13) Beatles lyric as subject line. Awwww. Sigh... pictures look like a series of..."look at the pictures I took of myself after I woke up from a major drug bender! Aren't I hot?" Figures. Seven photos not one smiling. I like happy people. No thanks.

14) Meh.

15) Double Meh. Looks familiar again. Perhaps they are all beginning to run together?

I thought I was done but got two more in the time I was reviewing all of these. I have figured out the more you linger on the site and surf the profiles the more attention you get. The site puts people who are online on a banner type thing and also shows if you've viewed someone's profile.

Extra 1) "Want to Learn More?" Nope.

Extra 2) I'm really not the type who gets mad if English isn't your first language so it's not perfect. Heck, I know how it is when I bumble around in Germany. However, give me some sort of indication so I know that it's a language thing and not just a dumb thing.

Sweet Jebus. I just got a response. I'm leaving before I never get off this site and this post NEVER ends.

I found a date through zombie harmony - one of the best free dating sites for zombies

No comments:

Post a Comment