Sunday, February 7, 2010

OMFG! Die text messaging!

So I didn't mention in my last post that the guy with my number from last night sent me a text message. I didn't mention it because I figured given my not responding response it wouldn't really be noteworthy. How I wish I wasn't wrong.

View the text message conversation (stupid ass text messaging, more on that later).

Dumbass: Let me know when you want directions to the Super bowl party
Me: :::crickets:::

4 Hours Later.

Dumbass: Lame.
Me: Text messages are lame. Sorry I was just playing wingwoman last night.
Dumbass: Poorly.
Me: Wow nice. Buzz off. (Yes, I really said buzz off)
Dumbass: Okayyyyyy...good talk see ya out there...
Me: :::crickets:::

This irritation would have never occurred if text messaging didn't exist in dating. I know there is no sense in complaining about it because it's here and it's queer (mentally unbalanced or deranged). I just can't get over how text messaging allows pussying out and apparently straight up asshole behavior. I have never had a hostile phone conversation with a near stranger, a near stranger who wants to get in my pants, leotarded.

Maybe clubs and bars aren't for me. You win this one Eharmony commercial.

I'm going to practice my no, you can't have my number speech.

2 comments: