Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Date Two of Four

Date Rate:

Last night I had my date with Mr. Jetpack. I just had to look up his name because I'm having trouble enough already not mixing up the real names, oh sheesh. He picked the place out of consideration that was exactly equal distance from where we both live. Thinking ahead is sexy as is organization. Unfortunately this took me to the dreaded Highlands but for the first time in the history of my driving to the Highlands, I didn't get lost! A sign from Zeus if there ever was one (besides the lightening bolts).

We had drinks and dinner and then went for chai (I always have chai, it's pretty much required on my dates). He's super cute and tall, thin, blond and blue-eyed. I didn't really have to play the Would I Jump You Game? because I knew the answer at first glance.

He's a little dorky, which I'm sure you all know is one of my weaknesses. He likes good music but is NOT a hipster! Get that? No weird haircuts or knuckle tattoos and praise Proud Mary probably no motherf'n jean cutoffs. I think his bike might even have gears.

Sometimes there were lulls in conversation; it's hard to eat and talk at the same time. He worked hard at recovering when I didn't jump in which I found endearingly awkward. He's going to be out of town for a while so I hope I made enough of an impression to cause swooning on his side (insert winkie face here) and hopefully a stray out of town text message. I thought of doing it myself but I don't know, is it my turn? No one ever gave me that damn dating rulebook.

2 comments: