Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Date One of Four

Date Rate:

The coffee date with Mr. Impatient got moved to last night, which made me glad because it made room for my date tonight. Mr. Impatient lives in Longmont (-45 points right there, one point per minute of driving). Some people make distance work, I could probably even be that type of person but why bother when there are so many fabulous options in my neck of the woods, right Al?

So because Mr. Impatient impatiently pursued a date but did little to suggest where said date should occur I picked a coffee place in Westminster/Broomfield. Then it was at least close to my work and he didn't have to drive to Denver. I'm so nice.

He brought Connect Four and a book. He said the book was in case I didn't show up on time. I was exactly on time, he got there after me, thank you very much. The Connect Four he said he brings apparently due to experience with awkward dates. I guess it's good to be prepared.

My initial impression was not unattractive but not really my "type," translation: I don't hate yo' face but I could not really see myself pouncing on it.

We talked for a long time. This worked out well because after a while little inklings of conservatism seeped out of him. Until there was a full on, "I'm a conservative." It's not that I'm not open-minded (okay, I'm not); I just know myself well enough to know that I could not make it work romantically and in the long term with a self-proclaimed conservative. And here I thought the scariest thing I might hear on a date this week would be a confession of vegan-ism.

I think I ended up being the bad date, probably somewhat intentionally when I slightly forcefully suggested that easy access condoms to not make middle school aged children have sex. He disagreed. He lost.

I knew enough to know that it was probably time to call it a night. I think I stayed a bit longer and we discussed internet dating. This is always a horrible sign. Conversation possibilities have run their course in 1.5 hours? Time for laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment