Thursday, March 11, 2010

Date Three of Four

Date Rate:

This was my first second date, no not ever, smart ass. My first second date of this adventure. I went with Mr. Captain to a delicious restaurant called Bones. While I won't dwell on the wonderful that was the dinner because that would be for a different blog I felt I needed to mention it because the food itself was the highlight of the evening.

Mr. Captain was nice and he picked a very good restaurant but if you'll notice he did get a slight downgrade in date ratings from the first date.

There are second dates for a reason, actually multiple reasons. One, of course, to attend a date sober and see if you were wearing beer goggles (or in my case vodka visors). Reason two would be for the initial "we met, we're hot for each other lets get this ball rolling" bit. The third reason would be to see if the compatibility factor can take you beyond the first date small talk.

I didn't feel like I was off in my assessment of Mr. Captain's attractiveness, he was still good looking. I did, however, lack the desire to push the makey outey wagon out of the driveway. I felt like making conversation was not very easy. I felt myself almost asking questions I had already asked earlier in the evening. He seemed to be struggling with the same dilemma when he asked about how my day went more than once. It's not always easy to make conversation with a stranger, I get it. I usually really have to be on my game to not feel uncomfortable in this situation. Luckily, last night I was close to if not fully on my game, I was wearing lipstick after all. I resorted to silly questions which can either make things fun or make the awkwardness more evident. I'd say the latter happened in this case. It takes two silly people to play silly games. I just need another silly person in my life.

We made it through the date, declined dessert, split the bill, hugged and parted ways. He said something about still needing to trade music. Perhaps that will happen but if it means makey outey chances are getting slimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment