Monday, March 29, 2010

21st Centry Dating, for this Dummy

For my current, common but not very exciting dilemma I decided to ask Zach what I should do and then just follow the advice.

Mr. Impatient text messaged me. I think it's been three weeks since our only date and about one week after we last text chatted about a movie I apparently told him to see. He simply asked if I'd like to get together again. He was easy to talk to but there was no attraction and I'm pretty full on the "are we friends?" male friends.

In my mind there were a few options: Text back with some excuse, text back saying no thanks I'm not into you or no response.

To Zach this seemed like a no-brainer:

Zach: oh.. something totally vague
hmmm
i'm not sure...
you for sure don't want to?
me: yeah
I wasn't hot for him
and I don't really need a friend from Longmont
or any more male "friend" types anyway
Zach: ah
hmm
just ignore it
me: really?
isn't that mean?
Zach: no
it's the easiest way
you don't owe him anything
me: ok
Zach: i'd rather be ignored then get a "nah.. i'm not interested"
me: ok then
ignore it is

So Ignore it is.

I feel like this is a good example of how the combination of texting and trying to date the opposite sex is ridiculously overcomplicated.

1 comment:

  1. Well he might not be Mister Right or even Mr. Right Now but he might be Mr Who Has a Great Friend who is lookig for Someone Special. And you just might be Ms. Special. You never know where these things will go. Considering he's not texting you up big time, maybe he is in the same boat-and you might have a friend for him. AJ

    ReplyDelete