Saturday, April 10, 2010

Not a Blow-Out

Date Rate: /


I'm grouping my last two hang outs with Mr. Jetpack together. It feels weird enough rating them at this point anyway.

We went on a bicycle ride on Friday morning. It was nice. I saw his apartment. It's about a 15 minute drive from where I live and apparently a 35 minute ride by bicycle
(according to Google Maps however I don't know if I trust Google Maps on that, as it always insists on sending me down Colfax to get to west Denver or the Highlands, which is just silly). We went on a nice trail not far from his place. We learned that if I wear polka-dot underwear under my bicycle shorts, anyone riding behind me will know...oops. He mentioned an "ex" when I asked if he'd seen the movie Amilie. I tried not to red flag it. I had to run because I had plans at noonish so it was a short, nice and sporty visit.

On Saturday, I drove us up to Boulder. We went to Larkburger. I had heard rumors about Larkburger for a while now and was very excited for an excuse (date) to try it for myself. The truffle fries were amazing, Mr. Jetpack was impressed too. The burger was fine. Then we drove-up Flagstaff Mountain. Even though he'd apparently been with his ex for years while she lived in Boulder he'd never been up there. (Yes, there she is again, starting to get worried) We went on a "hike," in quotations because I hadn't picked a particular trail and was really more interested in sitting on warm rocks. I think he mistook me for an outdoors-lady because he had packed a whole bag of just in-cases, including snacks and rain gear, cute. After sufficient lounging on boulders we "hiked" back down.

Then I led a failed attempt to visit NCAR, which apparently is open daily, including weekends from 12-4 except the one Saturday I try to take someone there. Did I mention he studied environmental sciences in college? I was trying to impress, not so successful. Time to go home.

We went back to my place for a little before I, again, had to attend to other plans. Now that the damned ex had been mentioned I figured I better just ask about her. I think I did so with the hope that it would be a non-issue. It seems that it likely is an issue and I'm still having a little trouble processing.

He was in a 3.5 year relationship, recently. In fact, they were engaged. Ok I'm of that age. We've all had a serious relationship or two. Distressing only because it just ended at the end of December. Sigh. I can't handle being the rebound again. I don't want to declare that this is what it is for him, especially because he said so himself. By the same token people freshly freed and me, together, have pretty lousy track-records. I could tell it was information he was worried about revealing and it was definitely information that I was afraid of hearing. He was very considerate and open. We didn't really get to finish discussing it because my parents were on their way to pick me up for an evening on the town. I 'm not calling the game lost it but it makes me slightly worried.

So, since this will be our last "public" event unless you call me or email me I guess the Kristen/Mr. Jetpack romance will end how you imagine it. Hope for good, if you don't mind, I could use some good.

No comments:

Post a Comment