Monday, April 5, 2010

Highbrow: sushi and art. Lowbrow: greasy spoon and action flicks

Date Rate:

At what point does the definition cease being "going on dates" into "dating?" I only ask because it's starting to feel a little odd to just keep giving Mr. Jetpack 5date ratings every few days. Especially when I feel like since he's already gotten the 5rating he deserves more for this past Friday night (#4 for those counting).

Our evening started with sushi. He had never had sake so I ordered us some. He adorably took it like a shot, I suppose those tiny cups can easily be confused for shot glasses. He chose the tastiest of the sushi options, the scallop roll with "crunchy." A nice dinner, for sure.

We moved on to the art show, that I had spent all day scheming with my nosy friends (hi nosy friends! ♥ You!), to make sure we were all there at the same time. We arrived and not a single one was there (fail, friends). Turns out the majority of them were at a bar next door. I know it can be tricky to throw a guy you are, just dating? going on dates with? or whatever into a fire-pit of 10+ friends, especially when it was just supposed to be an organic, "Wow we are all here at the same time! Crazy!" I gave up on the pretense and just said, "well they are at a bar, what to meet them?" To my surprise, he actually seemed interested. Amazing how dating a lousy guy on and off for a year can throw off one's perception of how normal people should and do typically behave.

We were supposed to go see a movie but the friend posse was going to go back to the art show and then continue on to First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe. He not only was completely fine meeting my friends but was more than enthusiastic to continue to hang out for the rest of the evening with them. Major points.

The following day he bought me breakfast and then agreed to meet the last pair of straggling friends who got lost (or something?) on the way to the art show. We had coffee and then went to the movie. On the way home he even reminded me that I had to buy the Cristalino for family brunch the next day, that's right family, you can thank him for our Easter Mimosas.

He received excellent reviews from those who met him, I'm assuming they were being truthful. So that's that.

As I keep telling the people around me, I'm not for calling the game in the 4th inning (maybe we hit the 5th with the extendo-date) but things are looking good for Team Jetpack (more legal and less hairy than Team Jacob; less whiny and less creepy than Team Edward).

3 comments:

  1. I say "skip trying to define it and continue to thoroughly enjoy it". Who cares what it is, as long as it's good. You are quite smiley, these days. xx AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nosy friends are nothing but helpful. -C

    ReplyDelete