Sunday, April 11, 2010

Exhausting as always

I can't decide if I have had plenty (or more than enough) fishing. Sara suggested that even though my three months are up I could just leave the profile up there and check it every now and again.

I kind of thought, here at the end, I'd give a positive review of what is to be had on the internet. I know people have had good experiences, for heaven's sake I'm going to a wedding next month that is based on such a story. I feel like I met a good person but the potential there is up in the air at this point. Maybe there are other people like me, people who really are ready for an actual relationship. I worry though that I'm just going to meet more of the same: douchebags, people who are too awkward in person and people who are using it as a easy way to rebound. I mean I guess it's free so I might as well just let it be. I will let the final set of messages be the deciding factor if I stick on this site.

One reply, even though I don't know why I'm doing it since I'm not really finding him attractive based on the pictures. (Stay on?: Nah)

Ok scratch that thought. Holy Fuck! DONE. A message from my friend's ex-fiance/giant douche bag? Are you kidding me? I really want to send a nasty message in return but better get approval first. (Just called nearly every person I know, no answer, everyone besides me has a life on Sunday afternoon, being single is the worst on Sundays) (Stay On?: NO WAY)

As much as I didn't feel like going after that at least there was a nice message from potentially cute fella. (Thanks fish site for making my life so complicated). Replied. (Stay On?: Perhaps)

Apparently just agreed to go for some coffee. The more messages I read the more reckless and insane I'm feeling (maybe worried about putting all my eggs in one basket that is attached to a jetpack). (Stay On?: Maybe I should.)

I love it! I've official gotten three (this being the third) stock messages more than once! It's a wonder anyone gets together anymore with behavior like this out there. (Stay On?: Feeling more pointless)

"ok lets face it im a pretty
amazing guy so dont mess up your
chance here lol jp. so whats up?"
(Stay On?: Nope)

Add on the the 4 "hi, what's ups" and I feel like the question is answered. Perhaps I'll stay on long enough to correspond with the two nice ones and hopefully get to send that jerk a very mean message. Then maybe, I need a break and a cat and perhaps a tub of frosting.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, now pick yourself up there Missy. I have been doing a little research about rebound relationships. Article one said to allow 1 month of recovery for every year in the relationship. If JP's relationship ended in December, even if it was the 31st, that's January, Febuary, March and now April-so bingo 3 1/2 month recovery for 3 1/2 year relationship. Article two, didn't have any information regarding the correlation between length of romance and length of recovery prior to dating-just that 3 months of pain and suffering needed to be endured prior to entering any other relationship. It sounds like JP has been cautious in getting involved, respectful of not hurting you and trying to get to know you rather than just having you be the fillerinner for the ex. It's not like you guys were jumping in hot and heavy. You are both taking it slow, spending time together in upright positions and testing the waters. Continue to test, continue to have fun. Healthy caution is a good thing so take care of yourself in the process and definitely KEEP FISHING. Consider your time with JP like going on job interviews, the better you get at the interview process, the more likely you are to get the job. The more practice you have at building relationships, the more ready you will be when the right one comes along. And it might be JP, just go slow. xx Sage Old Aunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Yeah! I second Aunt J's opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete